Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Couldn't wait to share!

I know I usually go weeks without updates, but I couldn't wait to share. Since starting the donor milk at 5:00 am yesterday morning Landon started stooling on his own. My mom texted me a picture of a poopy diaper while I was at work, I'm sure my co-workers think I'm about the strangest person to ever live, but it was such a wonderful sight to see! His belly is the most flat it has ever been in his life. Even when I've thought that it looked good in the past he must have been distended becasue it has never looked this good.

Landon is so much happier and more alert. Struggling to digest his food must have been taking an even bigger toll than I realized. He hadn't rolled over since early December and he rolled 4 times last night. He also did a better job of sitting unsupported- although he is already 6.5 months old he is not yet sitting up on his own. When we did the irrigations yesterday there was hardly any stool that came out at all, he had passed it throughout the day. I know this is gross, but just to paint you a picture, on formula- picture cheese sauce mixed with cottage cheese. On breastmilk- picture water with yellow food coloring with a few tiny flecks.

This is a short update, but I had to share. Once again I'm on my lunch at work and I'm out of time. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment